West St. Paul Child Custody Lawyer

Your relationship with your children is one of the most important things you will ever have. That’s why it’s critical to protect it at all stages of legal proceedings, whether you are contemplating a divorce, have been served with divorce papers, have children born outside of marriage or need modification of a court order.

At my West St. Paul law firm, I represent clients from throughout the Twin Cities metro area in child custody matters. I represent both mothers and fathers, but many of my clients are fathers who need their rights protected. Fathers are often at a disadvantage when it comes to protecting their relationships with their children; they need a lawyer who can achieve the best possible outcomes for them. I have the knowledge and experience necessary to protect fathers’ rights.

I handle a broad spectrum of matters related to child custody, including:

  • Establishment of child custody and parenting time (often called visitation)
  • Paternity
  • Divorce
  • Modification of child custody orders and parenting plans
  • Grandparents’ and third party custody rights
  • Fathers’ rights
  • Stepparent adoption
  • Parental alienation (when a parent is kept from a child)

‘Can She Do That?’

At my law firm, many people come to me because they have questions about how the child’s other parent is behaving. They want to know: “Can he do that?” or “Can she do that?” I listen to them, explain the situation and help them understand what the law is. If the other parent is acting illegally or inappropriately, we can develop a plan to protect your relationship with your children by taking legal action.

I have trial experience and can proceed to trial if necessary, but in Minnesota family law matters, mediation or negotiation is often the most effective way to proceed. I can help parents come to an agreement using mediation or negotiation. If trial is necessary, I do not hesitate to take forceful action.

Contact My West St. Paul Law Firm

If you have questions about the law on child custody and parenting time, contact my law office by calling 651-968-1410 to schedule a free and confidential initial consultation with an attorney.

Send an E-Mail:

Pay Now | Visa | MasterCard | American Express | Discover